CURATORIAL POSITION - CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Storefront Manitoba is looking for a motivated individual or team to take over the reigns of festival curator for the 2019 season. It is anticipated that the festival will be scheduled for late September in collaboration with Culture Days.
The ideal candidate(s) for this position will be passionate about design and design culture, self-motivated and enthusiastic with exceptional written and graphic communication skills. Strong interpersonal, organizational and budgeting skills are also key qualities.
The festival curator is responsible for maintaining creative control of the festival while keeping to its Mission, Vision and Objectives. The festival curator(s) will also manage the festival and be responsible for all logistical coordination including venue bookings, permits, printing, sponsorship, volunteer wrangling & distribution of promotional material and social media promotion.
The festival curator can expect to commit ±24 hours/month to the job from March to October 2019. However, one can expect the hours to vary from month to month and increase as the September Festival date approaches.
The festival curator reports to the Storefront Manitoba Executive Director and the Storefront Manitoba board of directors.
Preference will be given to teams of two people.
Preference will be given to applicants who identify as design professionals or are currently pursing education in a design discipline.
• Generate festival theme, schedule and budget.
• Create graphic identity and promotional material, including social media and website
• Meet with and coordinate individual event producers.
• Brainstorm new events; approach and meet with potential contributors.
• Press relations duties including promotional television & radio interviews.
• Assist with grant applications as required.
• Curate, coordinate and manage overall schedule and budget.
• Produce a final report and presentation for the Storefront Manitoba board of directors.
The curator position shall receive a one time honorarium of $5,000, (to an individual or split between a team of two or more individuals).
All applicants shall provide a proposal outlining their interest in the Winnipeg Design Festival and why they are the ideal candidate(s) for this position. All proposals shall include a current CV for each team member.
120 Yale Avenue
January 15, 2019